Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Game of Chicken

I'm probably not going to write my own comments about Perdue's efforts in Annapolis the past few weeks to influence State Legislators on matters related to private citizens and small non-profit organizations using the U of Maryland Environmental Law Clinic to help further their efforts to protect Maryland's waterways from pollution, but I think I will post links to various editorials and blogs so my readers can be more aware of what is going on.

I do have to make one point, however.    My lawsuit against Perdue and it's CAFO (Confined Animal Feeding Operation) located near Berlin, MD is an action taken to stop a point source pollution discharge to the Pocomoke River from a single source.  

The river can not speak for itself.   Coastkeeper is acting as the River's 'proxy' to protect it and stand up to the polluters who are threatening its well-being.

All this other stuff is just smoke and mirrors to divert attention away from the real problem.

Center For Progressive Reform blog - March 31, 2010

Baltimore Sun Article - March 27

Baltimore Sun Editorial - March 2010

National Law Journal -

 I may come back from time to time to add other links related to Maryland's lawmakers attempt to influence judicial matters outside a court of law.

No comments:

Post a Comment