Tuesday, January 10, 2012

New Year Resolutions

The Progger is back.   2011 was a lost year for my blogging efforts.  With so much activity on our Clean Water Act citizen lawsuit against Perdue, I was advised to keep a low profile and so I did.

But this is a new year, and as it is the 40th Anniversary of the Clean Water Act!  I am making a 2012 New Year Resolution to keep this blog active and get back to the business of progging about and exposing the good and the bad of my watershed.

This past fall the Coastkeeper was 'shadowed' for a week by a photo journalism student, resulting in a senior project titled "A Day In The Life Of The Assateague Coastkeeper."  Meaghan Morgan-Puglisi, of Bennington College in Vermont, contacted me last July.  She's a Maryland resident with a love of Assateague Island and the Coastal Bays.  Sitting in my office today, I realize it won't be long until it's time to put the boat back in the water.   Here's a few of her images from last August.






























Here's to a new year working towards clean water that is swimmable, fishable and drinkable!  Happy Birthday Clean Water Act.

Watch the new CWA40 Waterkeeper Alliance PSA here!

No comments:

Post a Comment