Tuesday, October 6, 2009

I Bottle My Own

While paddling on Pamlico Sound yesterday I drank cool tap water from my water bottle and thought I should post a note on my blog about why I fill my own water bottle each day.


During the 2009 WATERKEEPER Alliance annual conference, the COASTKEEPER viewed a 2008 Sundance Film Festival documentary selection “FLOW– How DidA Handful of Corporations Steal OurWater?”, an investigation into what experts label the most important political and environmental issue of the 21st century.
This documentary deals with the increasing privatization of the world’s disappearing fresh water supply and brings to the forefront how politics, human rights, pollution and in some cases downright theft of aquifers is all tied up in this industry. Not to mention the other issue, which is the millions of plastic bottles ending up in our landfills each year.
Inspired by this wake up call, the Assateague COASTKEEPER took an idea from the NY/NJ BAYKEEPER Program and ordered up a batch of stainless steel re-usable water bottles that declare “I BOTTLE MY OWN.”

Now you too can own one of these beauties! Each bottle comes with a carabiner clip and a little compass. Please send $15.00 (which includes S/H) to ACT, PO Box 731, Berlin, MD 21811; or stop by the ACT office in Berlin and pick one up for $12. Not only will you be helping to save the world’s fresh water supplies, you can also help to promote the Assateague COASTKEEPER Program! Order yours today. ACT hopes to bring a special viewing of “FLOW” to our watershed this fall. Watch our website and your emails for an announcement.
Less Plastic - More clean water!

No comments:

Post a Comment